Apps 4 Digital Peace, sponsored by the Cybersecurity Tech Accord, the UN Office of Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), and the UN Office of the Envoy on Youth, is intended to bring together young innovators and leaders from the technology and policy communities to address the urgent need to improve cybersecurity and reduce tensions between nations online. Its goal is to develop original technology-based solutions, such as mobile applications, to both help limit the use of the internet as a domain of conflict, and to increase the stability of our online environment.
Entries are not required to feature final versions of their proposed technology solutions but should adequately demonstrate the project’s feasibility and potential for impact. Judges look forward to reviewing proofs of concept and explanations of how proposed technology-based solutions would help stem some of the risks posed by cyber conflict and improve security for real people online.
Entry Materials — Entry Form and Project Pitch
Please fill out the below information to complete this PROJECT ENTRY FORM by July 30, 2020, to be submitted along with a “project pitch” to showcase your submission. The form below will serve as the “cover page” for your entry, which will accompany your “project pitch” in one of the following formats.
- Audio or Video-based presentation (less than 10 minutes)
- Written description (less than 2,000 words)
- Web-based demonstration (less than 10 minutes)
- PowerPoint/slide-based presentation (less than 25 slides, font no less than 16 pt.)
- Other – If you have a different preferred medium for your pitch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it approved by July 1, 2020.
A complete set of rules for the competition is available on the Cybersecurity Tech Accord website HERE, which all teams should consult and review before submitting any materials.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.